Zingarella corregesca ravvivata da una gamma cromatica madreperlacea

cyprus

english
Hello, I am ready an art history essay and have translated "E' un omaggio alla Zingarella corregesca ravvivata da una gamma cromatica madreperlacea. Che si perde in lontananza nei montini azzurini" as "it is an homage to the Zingarella done by Corregio enlivened by a chromatic range of mother of pearl which disappears in the distant blue mountains." Does this make sense? thank you.

• london calling

UK English
    Hello, Cyprus!

It is a homage to Correggio's "Gypsy Girl", brightened up by a variety of pearlescent hues ...

Then we meet a problem! What does "che" refer to? (girl/gamma?) Are you sure the second sentence ends like that? It may give us some more clues!;)
    ..which fades into the blue of the distant hills.

People? What do you think? E nativi, il "che" a cosa si riferisce, secondo voi?

cyprus

english
    London Calling -
    Apologies: I was reading my notes in haste - it is, indeed, all one sentence, "...che si perde.." so that would mean that the pearlescent hues 'fade into the blue of the distant hills.'
    Thank you!

london calling

UK English
    My guess is: it refers to gamma.
    I can hardly recall something more muddled and less clear than that sentence..
    Yes!:D You are SO good at writing sentences like these...I think you do it on purpose, to confuse readers and cause havoc for translators!:D:D No offence, meant, of course...;)

However, getting back to the original problem, I see that Cyprus has just confirmed it's all one sentence, so it is indeed a variety of pearlescent hues which fade...

Last edited: