zonder enige nadelige erkenning

alisonp

English - UK
"Dit schrijven wordt U overgemaakt onder voorbehoud van al onze rechten en zonder enige nadelige erkenning."

Does this correspond to "without prejudice" in English, please? (That's basically something you write in a legal letter so that the other side can't use the contents against you later on (and I'm sure a lawyer could put it far better than that!)). I'm assuming the other part is "with all our rights reserved" or similar.

• YellowOnline

Dutch - Belgium
    Yes. "This missive is transferred to you with all our rights reserved and without prejudice".

PS. Your customer should stop writing 'U' in capitals. I think we got rid of that about 60 years ago. This form is reserved for kings and God these days. On the other hand, having worked a long time in a legal environment, there's quite some people there who feel like God of course ^^ (I worked with judges - even their language is conservative)

alisonp

English - UK
    Thanks, YellowOnline. (Interesting that the Dutch call God "U", BTW, but that's another story). As I've been going through this letter, I've actually been wondering whether the writer has been influenced by German as well, because there were some things which didn't seem altogether "Dutch" to me. I had put it down to the Flemish influence, but perhaps German got in there as well!