zu unseren Zusagen stehen

birder

A company report states:

Wir bleiben bei unserer Strategie, dass wir zu unserem Geschäftsmodell und zu unseren Zusagen stehen bis zum letzten Cent.

Having some problem with the bit in bold.

Is this even decent German? Why is the verb in the subordinate clause not at the end, but followed by a prepositional phrase?

Thank you.

• Robocop

(Swiss) German
    Wir stehen zu unseren Zusagen [für wie lange? - bis zum letzten Cent] = We adhere/stick to our commitments [for how long? - until the very last cent is spent].

We maintain our strategy consisting in (??) adhering to our business model and to our commitments until the very last cent is spent.
    Does that make sense in English? I would expect that the strategy is part of the business model.

perpend

Banned
    American English
    A company report states:

Wir bleiben bei unserer Strategie, dass wir zu unserem Geschäftsmodell und zu unseren Zusagen stehen bis zum letzten Cent.

Having some problem with the bit in bold.

Is this even decent German? Why is the verb in the subordinate clause not at the end, but followed by a prepositional phrase?

Thank you.
    As a non-native speaker, I think with a comma (after "stehen") the German is fine. The construction may not be the most "German", but it works.

Wir bleiben bei unserer Strategie, dass wir zu unserem Geschäftsmodell und zu unseren Zusagen stehen, bis zum letzten Cent.

It's a two-parter for me. They are sticking both to their business model and to their "promises", until the money is gone. That's the strategy/plan. Smiley.

< Previous | Next >