zum carnival

< Previous | Next >

Madonna Halim

Arabic
In the description of this product "DC Super Hero Girls Deluxe Batgirl Costume", a sentence specified, "Be it a Zum carnival or birthday party, your child will love this kids superhero themed costume." What's a Zum carnival?

• Language Hound

American English
    Yes. I had never heard of a "Zumba Carnival" before, but I googled it and discovered that there really is such a thing.

Language Hound

American English
    It sounds like German to me. "Zum Carnival" would mean something like "at the observance of Carnival?"
    I had the same initial thought when I first read it. I discarded it, however, due to the "a" before "Zum carnival" and the "be it a (this or that)" construction.
    "Be it a Zum carnival or birthday party..."

dojibear

English - Northeast US
    As far as I know, "zumba" is an exercise. The word "zumba" was invented for the exercise.

So a "zumba carnival" would be an event that a gym ran for its members. "Dress in costumes and come exercise with us!"

Madonna Halim

Arabic
    As far as I know, "zumba" is an exercise. The word "zumba" was invented for the exercise.

So a "zumba carnival" would be an event that a gym ran for its members. "Dress in costumes and come exercise with us!"
    People in Zumba classes will be wearing batgirl costumes and exercise?

Language Hound

American English
    Have you googled "Zumba carnaval" yet, Madonna Halim?

•Hayley Whittington with founder of Zumba Fitness Beto Perez and another partygoer at the London Zumba Carnival.

< Previous | Next >